Our commitment to privacy
Who am I giving information to?
We are Chosen People Ministries (UK), registered charity 1095644, and can be contacted as follows:
Post: PO Box 47871, London, NW11 1AL
Tel: 020 8455 7911
What information will you store?
We will store your contact details – name, address, telephone number, and email address – and how you heard of Chosen People Ministries. We will also store details of any donations or purchases you make, and any further information you provide, such as what church or congregation you attend, whether or not you are Jewish, and if you are interested in volunteering with us.
What will you use my information for?
If you wish to be kept informed about Chosen People Ministries, we will use your information to communicate with you. Our communications will include newsletters, prayer letters, details of resources and events, appeals, and other updates. We offer a number of communication preferences – post, email, text message, and telephone – and we will only contact you in ways that you have requested. You can change your preferences or ask us to stop contacting you at any time.
In addition, we will use your information in other ways consistent with your requests, such as to send you resources that you have ordered, or to support you in your faith and outreach. Our focus is sharing the belief that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Messiah, particularly with Jewish people, but we will only do this with your permission.
Finally, we may use your information for research purposes, including evaluating the effectiveness of our publicity, and to comply with legal obligations, such as keeping accounting records.
We will only send you communications relating to Chosen People Ministries, and we will never share your information with other charities or businesses.
What is the legal basis for storing and using my information?
The law allows us to store and use your information (1) if you have given your consent to this, (2) if it is needed to send you resources that you have purchased, or (3) if it is needed to comply with legal obligations, such as keeping accounting records.
Who will receive my information?
Your information will be available to our staff, and it may also be provided to our contractors such as mailing companies. Everyone who has access to your information is required to keep it strictly confidential. We will only disclose your information to others if we are required to do so by law.
How long will you store my information?
We will keep your information for no longer than is necessary, taking into account your wishes and any legal obligations that apply. For example, if you have asked to join our mailing list, we will keep your information until you ask to be removed. If you have donated or purchased, we are required to keep your information as part of our accounting records, typically for six years.
Where will my information be stored?
Your information will primarily be stored at our office, currently in north-west London, and in a secure online database which we use to manage our supporter relations. The computers for this database are located in Canada, which has been assessed by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for the privacy of personal information.
Do I have to provide my information?
You are not under any obligation to provide your information to us. However, we will be unable to perform certain functions unless you are prepared to provide your personal information:
- If you wish to receive updates from us, you must provide your contact details so we can communicate with you.
- If you purchase resources from us and require them shipping to you, you must give us your name and address to enable this.
- If you want us to reclaim tax on your donations using the Gift Aid scheme, you must complete a declaration which includes your name and address.
What other rights do I have?
You have a number of other legal rights:
- You have the right to see a copy of the information we hold about you, and for this information to be provided in an electronic format suitable for use by another organisation.
- If you have given us consent to store and use your information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- You have the right to correct any errors in your information.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to require us to stop using your information.
- You have the right to require us to delete your information. We will do so immediately unless there is an overriding legal requirement for us to retain it for a certain period.
Please get in touch if you’d like to exercise any of these rights, using our contact details as previously given.
What if I have a complaint?
If you are unhappy about how we are using your personal information, please contact us in the first instance.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office via their helpline (0303 123 1113) or online at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Revision 1.1 – 18 May 2018